I had a very successful trip out to the Salt Lake festival, found over a
hundred species.  The Marbled Godwit was still at Cory Lake on Sunday.  We
also found a couple of American Pipits there, including an unstreaked bird
that appeared to be an alticola subspecies, which would not be expected
here.  Plover Prairie was very unrewarding in comparision to recent years,
although a couple of different groups reported a singing Eastern Meadowlark
there.  Ken found a Pileated Woodpecker near Marrietta, unusual for the
western part of the county.

today (Monday) I had a Sand Hill Crane fly over Hwy-169 just south of
Isanti.

I have a report that Whip-poor-wills, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, and Baltimore
Orioles have been found in Goodhue County.

--
Steve Weston
swest...@comcast.net