Beginning a bit past 6 this morning just as the rain ended, I managed 75
species in 4.5 hours at Rapids Lake MVNWR .  I covered about 4.25 miles of
unique trails and covered an additional 1.75 miles(of the 4.25) twice doubling
back along the river.  The only count done doubling back was double checking
most of the Yellow Warbler count and turning up a Black-crowned Night-Heron.
All areas including hunting and non-hunting areas were very active.  I also
went off trail when birds necessitated.  All trails were muddy and at places
flooded over.

Rapids Lake count

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
Ring-necked Pheasant 1
Wild Turkey 1
Great Blue Heron 3
Green Heron 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Killdeer 1
Caspian Tern 4
Mourning Dove
Black-billed Cuckoo 1 heard only
Great Horned Owl 1 heard only
Barred Owl 1 heard only
Belted Kingfisher 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Least Flycatcher 4
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 5
Yellow-throated Vireo 4
Warbling Vireo 3
Blue Jay
American Crow
Barn Swallow
Tree Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
White-breasted Nuthatch
House Wren 8
Sedge Wren 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
Eastern Bluebird 2
Gray-cheeked Thrush 1
American Robin
Gray Catbird 12
Ovenbird 3
Northern Waterthrush 14
Blue-winged Warbler 3
Golden-winged Warbler 1 male
Black and White Warbler 4
Tennessee Warbler 25
Nashville Warbler 4
Common Yellowthroat 5
American Redstart 7
Cape May Warbler 2 male
Northern Parula 3 (2 seen, 1 additional heard only)
Magnolia Warbler 3 male
Yellow Warbler 28
Palm Warbler 11
Yellow-rumped Warbler 32
Black-throated Green Warbler 1 male
Chipping Sparrow 1
Field Sparrow 4
Vesper Sparrow 1
Lark Sparrow 1
Savannah Sparrow 3 (likely an additional 4 that I startled before getting a
look at them)
Grasshopper Sparrow 3
Henslow's Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow 3
White-throated Sparrow ~20
Harris's Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow 8
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 17 (male and female)
Indigo Bunting 1
Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Meadowlark 2
Brown-headed Cowbird