I went back to where the terns were and was able to figure out ID better.
 The cormorants were gone but wood ducks and gulls were there for size
comparison.  The larger ones were definitely Caspian based on size, the
redness of the bill, and the dark underwing edges.  The smaller ones I
believe were forster's based on what looked like a lighter more orange less
reddish bill and underwing looked all white, with no/little black trailing
edge but I am less confident with the late evening lighting.  There was
also one black tern sitting amongst the rest.