I spent a very windy half day wandering around western Benton County
yesterday, getting acquainted with the area.  I ran into a little wave of
migrating warblers along the shores of Little Rock Lake, which boosted my
warbler total to 14 species for the day.  Lots of neat habitat up in that area
with mixed woodlands, large spruce and pine trees and some savanna as well.

Highlights of the day - for me - were yellow-headed blackbird, bobolink,
black-throated green and Blackburnian warblers, western kingbird & Eurasian
Collared-Doves (thanks, Herb), and a treat of shorebirds in the middle of
a farm field pond southeast of the CR 1 and CR 13 junction, which included my
first black-bellied plover, dunlin and marbled godwit for the county.  (no
Hudsonians - sorry Milt).

Betsy Beneke
Benton County