All in Hennepin County:

Today was pretty diverse for flycatchers at the sites I visited today.
Between three sites (my backyard in Golden Valley, General Mills Nature
Area in Golden Valley, and Robert's Bird Sanctuary in Minneapolis), I heard
3-4 YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHERS giving their "puyawee" call. Approximately 5
ALDER FLYCATCHERS were heard calling and/or singing between two of those
sites, and 2 OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHERS were heard singing between to of those
sites as well. Other resident flycatchers were observed as well: Eastern
Wood-Pewee, Eastern Phoebe, Great-crested Flycatcher, and Least Flycatcher.

Warbler diversity was poor, as what can be expected at this time of May. 7
species, 4 of which were migrants: Tennessee, Chesnut-sided, Magnolia, and
Canada. Swainson's Thrush was another migrant passerine.

I went to Robert's Bird Sanctuary in an attempt to relocate some of the
recently-seen "good" birds. I didn't hear nor see any. I ran into two other
birders who also came up empty-handed.

I also drove over to the Theodore Wirth volleyball court area to check out
the shorebird mudflats, only to find 2 Spotted Sandpipers and one Killdeer.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
visiting Golden Valley, Hennepin Co., very briefly