Our thanks is due to Gary Johnson for sharing his knowledge of Roberts Bird
Sanctuary Friday. I'd been there only twice, some time ago, and Rob had
never visited.
It was a special joy to finally see a FOY Connecticut Warbler, after having
only a questionable look at the one in Veterans' Park. The Veery, too, gave
us our FOY look, after having listened to them several times this year.
Seeing both a Great Horned Owl and a Cooper's Hawk (prey in talons), along
with so many other species in the area, hammered home how vital such an
'island" of habitat can be.
Linda Whyte