This year has resulted in the shortest amount of time between the last spring
migrant and the first fall migrant that I have witnessed(15 days).   The first
few Yellowlegs(Greater and Lesser) were in 2 flooded fields on June 26.  This
morning, July 1, there was more passing through the area in several flooded
fields.  Additionally a flock of 21 Franklin's Gull arrived to a flooded field
a bit after 6:30 this morning from the northwest.  This is a month earlier than
I have ever seen a Franklin's Gull in Carver County in the "fall", so I presume
these to be wandering non-breeders. I also saw my first flocking
blackbirds(Red-winged and Grackle) since spring.

Shorebirds

Killdeer (many)
Spotted Sandpiper 3 (locals or migrants?)
Solitary Sandpiper 6
Lesser Yellowlegs 31
Least Sandpiper 4
Short-billed Dowitcher 2