Yesterday and today I led birding trips to Sax-Zim Bog as well as Park
Point. Both days had great weather for being out birding in the woods and
along the lake.

Saturday's trip was led to help support the Friends of Sax-Zim Bog non
profit organization. We had a great time, and it was a very fun event to be
able to support the non-profit organization. I had my first House Wren
sighting within Sax-Zim yesterday! Throughout many visits, the wren species
tend to consist of Winter, Marsh and Sedge, but from personal experience -
never a House Wren. My eBird list is below.

Today I showed four birdwatchers around (two were birders from California
and two came from Georgia). It was lots of fun to hear about what birds
were common back home for them, and what birds were lifers for them while
birding in the bog. We had stunning looks at two Black-backed Woodpeckers
today, in addition to a Magnolia Warbler! We ended today at Park Point,
where we observed American Redstarts, Black-capped Chickadees, American
Goldfinch, House Wren and many Ring-billed Gulls. The juvenile Ring-billed
Gulls are stunning this time of year! eBird list from this morning's
Sax-Zim Bog trip is below.

I have photos from the past few days, that are not on my website yet...
getting a little sleepy as I'm writing this, and tomorrow is another day of
showing birders around. Will keep you posted on the upcoming sightings.
Photos to come soon too...

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Birding Tours and Bird photography
birdf...@gmail.com