September 8, 2012 Minnesota Valley National Wildlife RefugeRapids Lake Unit7:00
- 10:15 am While leading a walk from the visitor center at the Rapids Lake unit
this mourning, we observed an interesting mix of birds.  We hiked the trail to
the North of the visitor center for about 1. 5 miles.  Here are a few of the
species we observed on the walk. Trumpeter SwanSharp-shinned Hawk -
4Broad-winged Hawk - 2Caspian Tern - 2Yellow-billed CuckooBarred Owl - Heard
only by several participantsChimney SwiftBelted KingfisherYellow-throated
VireoBlue-headed VireoPhiladelphia VireoBlue-gray GnatcatcherSwainson's
ThrushNashville WarblerCommon YellowthroatNorthern ParulaMagnolia
WarblerBay-breasted WarblerBlackburnian WarblerYellow WarblerField Sparrow
Craig MandelMinnetonka, Hennepin countyegretc...@msn.com