My boyfriend and I ventured to Cotton today to see what birds were in the
bog. Highlights are as follows:

*Great Gray Owl: Observed at 8:30am and 3:45pm on McDavitt Road (in the
exact same area, so it was likely the same bird)
*Northern Hawk Owl: Observed around 4:15pm along Kolu Road
*Evening Grosbeak: Flock of ~20 birds at the Blue Spruce Road bird feeders
at noon
*Boreal Chickadee: 1-2 birds present at the Admiral Road feeders around
9:30am

More expected birds included Pine Grosbeak, Gray Jay, Common Redpoll,
Common Raven, Great Horned Owl, and Bald Eagle.

Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.