A very cold looking *American White Pelican *was seen this afternoon
from Kaposia
Landing dog park (S. St Paul).  It was on the west side of bank near the
warm water outflow. Visible with binocs but scope helped. Huge bird bigger
than Canada Geese, all white with black wing tips. Unexpected bird to see
on this bone-chilling day. I felt sorry for him, all alone and looking
cold. I hope he is finding enough to eat.

Great spot for *Bald Eagles*, *Common Goldeneyes*, and *Common Mergansers.*

I also stopped at Simon's Ravine where a *Pileated Woodpecker* was making a
racket; you may see my
eBird<http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S12592142>list here.

Looking up,
Alex Cruz, Jr