<!-- .hmmessage P { margin:ppx; padding:ppx } body.hmmessage { font-size: 0ppt;
font-family:Tahoma } -->
 Hi everyone,
 Every year around this time, I keep the listserve busy with updates on the
arrival of various ducks and geese to Wells Lake. Some folks have told me that
they anticipate these postings so they can travel here and get their annual
lists a bit of a jump start, or they can get a heads up to know what to expect
at their favorite spots north of here.
By now, I usually have a variety of waterfowl to report and at least   or
different species of goose, but the water has not been opening like in typical
years. I have been checking frequently but it appears the melting hasn't
progressed at all for the last two weeks. The is just a very small patch under
the bridge which is open, and the most I have seen here is maybe a half dozen
Mallards.
 I just wanted to let folks know what's happening! I'll keep checking and start
reporting when things start to change!

Hard to believe this is the month where we can expect phoebes, bluebirds and
woodcocks to arrive back!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN