*The effects of a honey bee pathogen on colony resiliency  *
*Thursday March 28, 2013 7:30 pm   *
*Presented by Michael Goblirsch, University of Minnesota*

My research examines the effects of the emerging honey bee pathogen, Nosema
ceranae, on the physiology and behaviors involved with the division of
labor in honey bee workers.  I have found that N. ceranae may disrupt the
basic underpinnings thought to regulate the age-specific tasks that workers
perform during their lives.  Infection with this fungus may be a
contributing factor to recent high colony mortality.

*When*:  Please join us from 7:00-7:30 pm to socialize over cookies.  A
brief business meeting and the featured speaker begin at 7:30 pm. The
meeting will conclude by 9:00 pm.
*Where*: Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center 3801
American Blvd E, Bloomington.  Hwy 494 to 34th Ave – S to American Blvd;
turn left and go 2 blocks.  Center will be on your right. Also accessible
via the Hiawatha Light Rail line; exit at the American Blvd. stop. Enter
through the door in the center of the building.
*You are invited!  This meeting is free and open to the public.*
--
Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN