Hi,

I enjoyed birding Nobles county for most of the day but the best birding turned
out to be when I checked the Sleepy Eye WTP's on my way home.  I estimated that
there were 90-100 shorebirds there.  It was difficult to get exact counts due
to it being so cold and windy plus the birds were scattered over a large area
of two ponds (and they were moving around).  The highlight was finding one
American Golden Plover.  There were at least two to three dozen Pectoral
Sandpipers, along with good numbers of Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs.  There
was also at least a dozen Baird's Sandpipers.  I certainly may have missed a
species.  It was fun being able to sort through shorebirds again.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye