They are stacked up all over in Southern Chisago county as well. Have been
for over a week!

Jim

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM, linda whyte <bi...@moosewoods.us> wrote:

> Either more Robins are on the move, or the more secretive ones that
> overwintered in river valleys have come out of seclusion to feed. My
> husband was stunned at the number of Robins he observed on Summit Avenue
> this morning. I was equally surprised at the size of a flock in the SE
> corner of Highland park this afternoon. They were clearly targeting
> Hackberry and Crabapple trees in both areas, as well as taking advantage of
> the softening ground.
>
> Bass Ponds had huge numbers of N. Shovelers and Teal (Blue-winged and a few
> Green-winged but alas, no Cinnamon) as well as Wood Duck and Mergansers,
> both Common and Hooded. The Great Blue Herons have been joined by a few
> Egrets at last. Raptors were well-represented, with Bald Eagle, 2
> Red-tailed Hawks (one being harassed by a crow), a Kestrel, 2 N. Harriers,
> and a Cooper's Hawk on the nest. The Belted Kingfisher was fishing on the
> large pond that empties into the river, and the air above that water was
> thick with hunting Tree and Barn Swallows. At the shoreline, a couple of E.
> Phoebe and at least one Yellow-rumped Warbler, vied for insects, nearly
> colliding with me at one point. The Hermit Thrushes in the woods by the
> stream were no less intent on food---I hope everyone had sufficient success
> to withstand tomorrow's challenge.
>
> Linda Whyte

Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and
Nature shall not be broken. -* Leo Tolstoy*

A well governed appetite is the greater part of liberty. - *Lucius Annaeus
Seneca*