Tonight we walked around the lake which has now become mostly ice free and
observed a wonderful green heron just before the boardwalk area. Also noted
were the many cliff swallows working hard on nest building on the back of the
buildings along the 394 side. Then we were rewarded with the palm warbler,
actually a pair along the boardwalk as we were leaving. A very nice evening at
the natureĀ area.
The Great Horned owl was very visible also right off the trail as you enter
into the park. The mate was probably still in the nest with the young. The nest
is off the steps near the visitor center. Last time we were here we spent so
much time looking at the owls we had no time to circle the lake!
Sue Bergman & Barb McGregor