This afternoon, Tuesday April 30 I observed two rafts of ruddy ducks on Lake
Phalen in St. Paul.  There were 34 Ruddy's in one raft,  The other raft was
across the lake and difficult to count, but there were at least 60 Ruddy ducks
in all.  There was also a raft of 30 coots, perhaps 20 common mergansers
scattered about. two or three loons and a few (3 or 4) mallards.  Bill Dancer
in St. Paul