May 20, 2013

Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge
Black Dog Unit
Cliff Fen Park Trailhead
7:00 am - 9:30 am

Trail access is from Cliff Fen Park, at 120 East Cliff Road, Burnsville  55337.
From I-35W, proceed east on Cliff Road approximately 3/4-mile to Cliff Fen
Park. The trailhead is east of the playground area at the back of the soccer
field.

While leading a walk this morning we observed some of the following birds:

Green Heron - Fly over at main parking lot.
Osprey
Peregrine Falcon
Willow Flycatcher - Several heard and seen along main trail North and East of
the power lines.
Bell's Vireo - One was seen and heard along the main trail, where the power
lines cross the trail.
Sedge Wren - Seen and heard along the main trail, North of the power lines.
Indigo Bunting

Many of the birds were observed carrying nesting material and all were singing.

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County
egretc...@msn.com