This morning, May 22, Garrett Wee of Cottonwood MN photographed what appears to
be a possible White-winged Tern (Chlidonias leucopterus):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73121423@N07/8783909796/in/pool-79514222@N00/

The location was at Lone Tree Lake in Lyon Co: from Cottonwood go 1.5 mi W on
Main St to 290th Ave, then 1.0 mi N to the lake.

After I was sent this photo from a friend in CA who had happened across the
image on the internet, I called Paul Egeland who used to live in Cottonwood and
had Garrett's phone number. He then called Garrett who told him
that he had been photographing something else at the time, didn't notice the
terns in the image until he got home, and then later went out to try and
relocate it without success. Paul also said he was sure that Garrett wouldn't
mind if this was posted on mou-net on his behalf.

Please keep in mind that this ID is only tentative since the image is only
marginal in quality, and since Garrett took no other photos and wrote no
description (since he didn't realize it was there at the time).

Kim R Eckert
ecker...@gmail.com
http://www.mbwbirds.com