I spent 6+ hours yesterday morning and early afternoon, birding along the west
side of the Mississippi River in south St. Cloud.  I started near River Bluffs
Regional Park off Clearwater Road, and made my way up to Beaver Island, on the
south end of SCSU campus, with most of my time spent around the St. Cloud
Country Club neighborhood.  There were lots of warblers and other neotrops -
not the huge numbers we had a week ago, but a good mix and steady action.  The
area provides an excellent mix of hardwoods, pine, flowering trees (lots of
bugs), shrubby edges, tangled grape vine, snags, as well as more manicured
properties that were devoid of birds except for cardinals, chipping sparrows,
and other city birds.   I was so enthralled, I only consumed ONE cup of coffee
all day.  Unheard of for me!

I had 19 species of warblers - I didn't think I'd find nearly that many, as the
"action" in our part of MN has gone down a lot in the last couple of days.
Lots of flycatchers, mostly least, but also great-crested, alder, eastern
kingbird, and of course, phoebe.

Blue-gray gnatcatcher (lots)
Ruby-crowned kinglet
Swainson's thrush