It is not too early for fall shorebird migration.  The conditions on the
Canadian Tundra were actually early and good this spring, compared to the
late, snowy spring that we had here.  Today, I saw two peep shorebirds in
Renville County that I am sure were early migrants.  I was not able to
identify them because they were back lit by the sun.

John Schladweiler
New Ulm

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Erik Bruhnke <birdf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This morning I found one BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER on the lake-side of Park
> Point (Duluth, MN). This bird was seen about a one mile walk east of the
> Sky Harbor Airport. It had stunning and immaculate breeding plumage. I
> wonder if it experienced a failed nesting attempt in the tundra this
> spring/summer. Does it seem unusually early for a shorebird to be moving
> through? Earlier this week, I found a Willet along the northern shoreline
> of Wisconsin.
>
> Yesterday I led a trip to Sax-Zim Bog, and had some cool finds. The trip
> started at 8am per request of the participant... and even though we missed
> the prime-time in the early morning, we still ended up having two Le
> Conte's Sparrows (both heard, one seen), Black-billed Cuckoos, a
> Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, 12 species of warblers and more! eBird list from
> birding in Sax-Zim Bog is below:
> http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14538942
>
> Cheers and good birding,
> Erik Bruhnke
> Duluth, MN
>
> --
> NATURALLY AVIAN - Birding Tours and Bird Photography
> birdf...@gmail.com (e-mail)
> www.naturallyavian.com (birding tours)
> www.pbase.com/birdfedr (photos)
> www.facebook.com/NaturallyAvian (facebook)