From: Minnesota Birds [MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU] on behalf of Ben Harste
[mnbir...@brainlaser.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:05 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Dowitcher ID Help (Hennepin County)

I went to Purgatory Creek today and there were quite a few shorebirds
present and visible from the blind.

Least Sandpiper - 50+
Killdeer - 15+
Lesser Yellowlegs - 2
Solitary Sandpiper - 2

And one Dowitcher.  I suspect it is a Short-billed Dowitcher as it seemed
to have more golden looking than white looking bars on the back, it had a
unmarked orange breast, and one was reported yesterday on eBird.

I uploaded some pictures on Flickr.   Any input on whether it is a
Short-billed Dowitcher or if it is possibly a Long-billed Dowitcher would
be welcome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnbirder/9251457678/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnbirder/9248677779/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnbirder/9248677871/in/photostream/