On Sunday, August 25th, I will be leading a MRVAC sponsored field trip to
the Cannon River bottoms near Red Wing.  We will meet at 8am at the trail
head off of Collischan Road.  All local MRVAC field trips are free and open
to the public.  No registration or notice to me is required.  Just show
up.  I will have extra binoculars available.  Bring a lunch and we will
head out after lunch to another location in the area.  The state forest
trail is an old railroad grade and is level, although it maybe weedy and
buggy.  This hike has had good for Cuckoos.

Directions:  From the cities take Highway 52 towards Rochester.  Take the
Highway 50 exit at Hampton and head towards Red Wing.  This is about an
hour south of the cities. Highway 50 becomes Highway 61.  After the long
descent down the hill and before the Cannon River bridge, make a left onto
CR46 and take the right fork.  Maybe a mile down the road you will pass a
couple of houses.  Take the left fork into the parking area.
Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
swest...@comcast.net