Even with the 3" of snow yesterday I have had some fun birding.
Yesterday at noon I went out to fill my bird feeders in anticipation of the
storm. I heard a Barred Owl in the cedar tree next to our garage. It flew out
to chase a Crow which was harassing it. 30 minutes later it was calling from
across the street and it was perched with another Barred Owl.
Minnetonka Yard List 4/16
Hermit Thrush-1
A Tree Sparrow-1
Fox Sparrow-2
Song Sparrow-2
Wood Duck-3
Mourning Dove-3
Big Willow List 4/16
N Flicker-3
R-c Kinglet-5 FOY
Hermit Thrush-3
Today will walking Big Willow Park near in an area of wind fall along Minnehaha
Creek, I found a small reddish bird flitting energetically around. This is the
first Winter Wren I have found at Big Willow.
Big Willow List
Red-tailed Hawk juvenile-1
N Flicker-2
E Phoebe-3