Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that posting bird sightings was
completely voluntary.

I personally feel fortunate that someone takes the time and effort to share
their sighting on any type of social media, but I don't feel they are
obligated to do so.  By posting someone's name in a childish attempt to
coerce them to share information that you feel you or anyone else is
entitled to IS in my opinion socially wrong.  There has been, and always
will be people and groups that do not share their birding sighting with the
MOU-Listserv, simply because they don't want to.  Trying to enforce some
spurious social morality on people is going to alienate more people than
engage them to share any information.

Scott B. Meyer
Hennepin County