This morning I guided our three new interns on a bird hike through the
heart of CNC's Minnesota Campus. We had 67 species without birding near the
feeders. A few highlights were the Mourning Warbler foraging in the conifer
stand between the wetland and the Apple Shack. We also had fly-overs of three
 different flocks of Caspian Terns. On the edge of the grass portion of the
 North Loop Trail we had both a Blue-winged Warbler and a Golden-winged
Warbler. The river is still high so there is significant flooding in the
bottoms, but we were still able to see and hear a few Northern Parulas. A
Barred
 Owl was also hunting in the bottoms.

A great morning to be out!

Jen Vieth