To add a bit more about the Wood Stork seen in Nebraska.

It was a third party report of a sighting by a relatively new birder in the
Boyer-Chute NWR on June 4th, but photos were taken and the birder
apparently compared it to field guides while looking at the bird.  I saw no
other sightings reported following the initial report.

Some links to NEBirds:

http://digest.sialia.com/?rm=message;id=883166

http://birdnews.aba.org/message.php?mesid=719566&MLID=&MLNM=Nebraska

That 3rd party report also linked the photos but it appears that the photos
did not transmit though the NEBirds listserv.

If that bird was seen in Omaha area in early June and then another Wood
Stork was sighted in south central MN (about 180 miles away) a few weeks
later, could they be the same bird?

I have no proof, but I live right in the "flight path" between those two
sightings, and we had a nasty storm with strong winds (70mph+) come through
Monday, June 14 that swept across NW Iowa from Omaha right though Blue
Earth/Fairmont, MN.

--
Derek Bakken
spottedtow...@gmail.com

Please contribute your sightings to our list; it is only as good as members
make it!

Also, please report your bird sightings to eBird and/or the IOU/MOU.  The
information gathered is vital to the future of birds.