From: Eckles, Joanna [mailto:jeck...@audubon.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:53 AM
To: Eckles, Joanna
Subject: Reminder: Chimney Swift Sit Phase 2 begins tomorrow 8/29

Good Morning-

It is time once again to gather your lawn chairs, neighbors and friends to
head out for an evening with your eyes to the skies.

Phase 2 of the 2014 Annual Chimney Swift Sit begins tomorrow, Friday August
29th and goes through Monday, September 1st (we extended it by a day)!

Preliminary results from phase 1 (August 1-3) are:

*        Approximately 2,439 swifts counted (high count 390)

*        81 observers (including 14 youth) participated

Let's make Phase 2 just as successful!

Please Enter ALL Data online no later than Friday September 12th using this
link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDBFYVd4UnZ0SWJ5WG9FaFc
1b2hQSGc6MA I will be tallying the final results and sending them out to all
of you.

Many thanks to those who have participated so far and to all of the
supportive businesses, churches, schools and residence out there who are
willing to share their chimney over the summer!

Check out the Audubon MN website for more information
http://mn.audubon.org/annual-chimney-swift-sit

If you need a few ideas on places to check out, here is a link to all of the
addresses monitored in the 2011 Swift Sit effort organized by city.
http://mn.audubon.org/sites/default/files/documents/2011_chimney_swift_sit_r
eport.pdf

Thanks again for your participation and support of these amazing birds.
Happy Swifting!

Joanna Eckles

Bird Friendly Communities Manager

Project BirdSafe/Lights Out Coordinator