The snowy owl appears to have established a territory which encompasses
Superior Middle
School and Richard Bong Airport (properties border one another). Drive over the
bridge and
keep going straight to the end of Hammond Avenue. Enter the parking lot and
check out the
light poles and ballfield scorboard. I think the Snowy often flies over to the
middle school
when a plane takes off.

I have nicknamed the Snowy "Runway". It often perches on the runway lights on
the far side
of the runway. Walk behind the middle school where the loading docks are
located. You can
walk right up to the airport fence and will often see the snowy on the runway
lights.

Do not drive behind the building. The area is for service vehicles and busses
only. We want to
keep Superior Public Schools on our good side. I sent the principal some photos
earlier this
evening.

Arrive about 1/2 hour before sunset and prepare to have some fun. There was
great light at
sunset this evening, truly the "golden hour". Here are photos from today:

http://www.365daysofbirds.com/2014/12/04/day-315-a-superior-snowy-owl/