For the past three weeks a flock of 150 - 200 plus robins has been descending
on our back yard hemlocks and fir trees, as well as the evergreen trees in
neighbors' yards for their evening roost.  They appear as dusk approaches and
depart for feeding areas before sunrise.  The ground beneath the trees is
covered with hackberry seeds, their primary food source at present.  In nearly
40 years in our home we have never witnessed such activity.  Shouldn't the
majority of these birds have departed by now?

Sent from my iPad