Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 13:19:24 -0600
From: chad.he...@blc.edu
Subject: [mou-rba] Rare thrushes in Blue Earth County
To: mou-...@lists.umn.edu

Hey birders, A male Varied Thrush has come to my attention in Blue Earth
County. The bird is being seen at a feeding station at 152 Sunset Village north
of Good Thunder.  Visitors are welcome.  The feeding station is visible from
the road, but you could probably talk to the homeowners and get a closer view.
They indicated to me that the bird is irregular and comes most often in the
morning and evening.  It arrived a couple of days ago with the snow.
Additionally, a Townsend’s Solitaire was seen nearby at the Rapidan Dam on CR9
during our Christmas Bird Count on December 20th.  I have been unable to
relocate this bird so far, but there are lots of cedars in the river valley and
I’m sure the bird is there somewhere. Happy birding! Chad HeinsMankato