From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Jim
Williams
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 2:35 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Jonathan Franzen's article in current New Yorker magazine

Perhaps you have read author Jonathan Franzen's take on bird conservation,
the beginning of which hinges on the Vikings stadium now under construction.
He writes in the April 6 issue of The New Yorker. (The article Is available
on-line.) Franzen takes a stick to the National Audubon Society, as well as
a poke at me. Response to this from Audubon Vice President Mark Jannot,
linked below, clearly and without mercy offer Audubon's reaction. Jannot
gives me a helping hand as well, since I am prominent in the beginning of
the Franzen piece. That consideration is much appreciated. Jannot posted his
comments on the National Audubon web site.

https://www.audubon.org/news/friends-these

Jim Williams
Wayzata, Minn
birding blog at www.startribune.com/lifestyle/homegarden/blogs/Wingnut.html