Weather conditions were perfect for a good flight of birds in the Twin
Cities this morning, esp. for a big push of warblers. I went to the Bass
Ponds with Brian Clough <https://www.facebook.com/brian.clough.315> this
morning for a few hours and we had some great birding. Most birds were
clustered near the bottom of the hill. We had EIGHTEEN species of warbler.
Highlights among these (ornithologically speaking, since I loved seeing all
of them) were CANADA WARBLER (tied for early date south) and BLACKPOLL
WARBLER (feels early - blackpolls are usually a later migrant). Still a lot
of Myrtle Warblers and a huge number of White-throated Sparrows; it feels
like a lot of species just got backed up down south and are all arriving
together.

Notably we DID NOT check hard for the Ruff. IT COULD STILL BE THERE. We
heard one negative report, and noted that many of the shorebirds have moved
out. There were however LEAST SANDPIPERS and SOLITARY SANDPIPERS out there.

Many other FOYS for me, many of which have already been reported around the
Cities.

Great Crested Flycatcher
Least Flycatcher
Blue-headed Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Gray Catbird
Swainson's Thrush
Baltimore Oriole
Rose-breasted Grosbeak

I'd write out the warblers but it's easier to link below...

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist…
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Febird.org%2Febird%2Fview%2Fchecklist%3FsubID%3DS23263785%26share%3Dtrue&h=rAQHjFGrs&enc=AZO-xuK3o5sehTnY8V7hN5Dxsgc77a5o-yYMLj95Vzv7gAoIqrMhCbCGHH53AUGueNo7bJ-4c8TYq43E-VpBBEFsO9faiqxYCxaEgJOrvDH9Gnw4qklYbUCnUubE5v3xbPm2kZ7j4yvRzVCtISg8Q2CiVVcchyQEWSE82f0O-hZN3w&s=1>