Another reference point is a large rock pile by the fence along the W side of
the road. Use care when walking though this area, however, since yesterday I
chanced upon a female Chestnut-collared on a nest with 4 eggs hidden in the
grass. This could be the only nest of this species in MN this year, since I was
there twice with 2 MBW groups (June 5 and June 10) and the pair here was the
only one we could find along Felton Prairie's 2-mile-long "Longspur Road". In
former years this species was more numerous here, and it now seems only a
matter of time before it is extirpated as a breeding species in the state.

Kim R Eckert, Duluth
http://www.mbwbirds.com