There were 12 shorebird species seen by the MN Birding Weekends group this
morning, all concentrated near the NW corner of the east-central cell of these
Stevens Co ponds. This was just 3 species fewer than at the N Ottawa
impoundment on Friday and included excellent close views of Gr Yellowlegs,
Stilt and Baird's sandpipers, a Long-b Dowitcher,  and Red-n Phalaropes.

In all, we found 18 shorebird species during this MBW trip in parts of
Traverse, Grant, Big Stone, and Stevens counties. But we were unable to detect
many migrant passerines (e.g., only 8 warbler species in 3 days), although
there was a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher today along 180th St 1.2 mi W of Stevens CR
1.

Kim Eckert
Duluth, MN

Sent from my iPhone