On Tuesday, August 25, at about 11:00 AM, I observed a Black-billed Magpie in
Wheaton, Traverse County. The bird was seen flying across Co Rd 27 on the
eastern edge of town. Sorry for the lateness of this report, but I didn’t
realize until talking to Doug Kieser yesterday that this sighting was somewhat
out-of-range. There appears to be only one other report of Black-billed Magpie
for Traverse Co from Oct 18-19, 1942. It would interesting to know if this was
just a sporadic sighting or whether they might be establishing a colony here.

Howard Towle
Golden Valley, MN