Recent mou-net posts reported on a juv Little Gull at the Warroad sewage ponds,
which was still present today, and the 6 Black-backed Woodpeckers along the
Thompson Forest Road on Saturday. In addition to these, there were a few other
birds of note found by the Minn Birding Weekends group in Lake of the Woods and
Roseau counties during this weekend, September 4-7:

- A late Swainson’s Hawk today along Hwy 313 N of Warroad

- 16 shorebird species: we found no flooded fields or any lakes/wetlands with
low water levels and mudflats, but the Baudette, Warrroad, Roseau, and
Greenbush sewage ponds were all productive. The most interesting sighting was
the concentration of 60+ Wilson’s Snipes at Greenbush.

- A late Western Kingbird in Warroad on Saturday.

- 20 warbler species, although we found no significant waves or concentrations
anywhere; there were just 1-2 individuals of several species.

- Le Conte’s Sparrows at 2 Roseau Co locations on Sunday.

- 1-2 late Bobolinks at the Roseau sewage ponds on Sunday.

Kim R Eckert, Duluth
http://www.mbwbirds.com