Things are starting to wake up in Morrison County. I had a flock of 50 Redwing
Blackbirds South of Bowlus and more and more Geese and Swans are showing up
South of the Little Falls Dam. The water North of the dam is starting to break
up
which usually results in a large amount of water fowl. I am seeing a few
Kestrels
and more and more Red Tailed Hawks and less Rough Legged. My Cardinals are
calling a lot and I have been seeing the Eurasian Collared Doves in the area
near
Pine Grove Park. There are not to many pot holes around because it seems the
melt off went right down into the ground. Should be easier to find shore birds
and
water fowl. Maybe its the good weather getting me going but I am sure excited
about what is going to happen soon.