I have no proof but when I first scanned the field for any other oddballs.
I was looking for potential Icelands and thayers. One gull was next to a
ring billed but it was noticeably smaller. What stood out was that it had
greenish legs. I had no idea what it was. I tried to get photos through
my scope but  the shot was very blurry and I don't think I even got the
gull as the scope I  think moved. I looked in my book later and see
immature Mew Gull fit those characteristics. Again I have no proof of the
sighting.  Most of the flock left soon after.   The field was very wet and
will probably dry a lot in the next 24