Canada Geese are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, so moving
an active nest would not be advisable. If it gets to be a problem, I would
recommend your friend contacts their local Conservation Officer (
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/officerpatrolareas/index.html).

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Rick Hoyme <rho...@comcast.net> wrote:

> A goose will defend its nest no matter how large or small the person is. I
> was birding at Wood Lake and had passed a pair of geese with goslings who
> hissed a bit at me as I passed, but I gave them plenty of room. As I
> continued on a couple of teenagers (big kids) passed. A short time later I
> heard a YEE-OW from the direction of the geese. I walked back and
> apparently the kids got too close and got "goosed" . The kids were ok. I
> chuckled. Geese 1, kids 0. Kids learned a slightly painful lesson.
>
> The point is - keep the kids at a safe distance, they will defend their
> brood.

Molly E. Tuma
*University of Minnesota, Twin Cities*
*College of Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences*

*Undergraduate-Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology*
*Minor-Environmental Sciences, Policy and Management*

*Technician-Minnesota Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit (USGS)*
*molly.els.t...@gmail.com <molly.els.t...@gmail.com>*
*(612)-481-9998*