We had a really fun Sunday morning of bird banding with (Master) Ron
Refsnider at Springbrook Nature Center in Fridley, Anoka County! I would
second John Cyrus's message about fall migrating warblers being on the move.
Here's the mix of 83 new and recaptured birds (15 species) that we entered
in the log books:

*         Warblers: Blackburnian, Chestnut-Sided (both hatch-year males);
Mourning (hatch-year female); Common Yellowthroat, American Redstart

*         Woodpeckers: Downy and Hairy

*         Eastern Wood Peewee

*         American Goldfinch

*         American Robin

*         White-Breasted Nuthatch

*         Black-Capped Chickadee

*         Gray Catbird (lots of fluffy crissums ;-)

*         Song Sparrow

*         House Wren

The next bird banding session is scheduled for SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 (Labor
Day weekend). We love having people of all ages and "birding abilities" drop
in, so come and check out the NEW Springbrook Nature Center building
(environmental design including a partial green roof, geo-thermal wells, LED
lighting, and bird-safe glass-plus great exhibits), and then see some birds!
The Center is open to the public every day at 9:00am.

Kathy Confer

(and I don't even live in Anoka County!)