FALL FORAY FOR FEATHERED FRIENDS
Sax-Zim Bog Birding Field Trip sponsored by Friends of Sax-Zim Bog

Sunday, October 30, 2016
7:30am to Noon (or so...depending on weather)
Leader: Sparky Stensaas

We'll meet at the Welcome Center on Owl Avenue between 7:15 and 7:30am and
carpool to sites throughout the Bog. We'll first try for Great Grays (TBH...a
low chance of success) and then look for migrating sparrows, raptors, waterfowl
and other late lingering birds. Maybe the first Pine Grosbeaks will have
arrived from the Canadian North?? Snow Buntings? Rough-legged Hawks? Who knows
what we'll find...Last year we had great looks at a Fisher! But we will have a
good time no matter what.

We carpool and bird from the roads...No off-road hiking on this field trip.
Bring binoculars, camera, warm clothes, water, snacks/lunch. Temps are forecast
to be a low of 37 and high of 51...But that can change.

FREE to members who have donated $20 or more in the last 12 months. $20 for
others (this includes a one-year membership and free attendance at other field
trips)

Please RSVP to natural...@saxzim.org to participate.

Directions to the Owl Avenue Welcome Center can be found here:
http://saxzim.org/plan-your-visit/

Thanks

DIRECTIONS TO WELCOME CENTER ON OWL AVENUE (Also marked on our birding map)

The address is 8793 Owl Avenue, Toivola, MN 55765 [NOTE: THIS IS NOT A MAILING
ADDRESS]

Directions from Cotton, MN on US53…

*Go West from Cotton on CR52/Arkola for 11 miles

*Turn South (left) on Owl Avenue

*Go 1.75 miles (second curve) to Welcome Center

Directions from Meadowlands, on CR133…

*Go East on CR133 to CR229/29

*Turn North (left) on CR229/29

*Go North to T at Correction Line Rd

*Turn West (left) on Correction Line Rd

*Road curves North and becomes Owl Ave

*Go North on Owl Avenue for 2.5 miles to Welcome Center

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall MN 55797
218.341.3350