(Posted by Jason Frank <jmfran...@gmail.com> via moumn.org)

The landowner with the abandoned homesite off Lqp CR 12 where I saw the barn
owl will not
allow anyone to access his property. The nearly-collapsed barn is a liability.
It is, however,
easy to view from the side of the road.

The site is surrounded by 494 acres of public land, listed as Florida Creek
WMA: Southwest
Unit.

I went out this evening with Bob Williams and Garrett Wee. There was a
Rough-Legged Hawk
and 6 Short-Eared Owls in the area but we weren't able to locate a Barn Owl.

There are 6 other derelict abandoned buildings a mile or so southwest of the
WMA. I'll
continue to stake out this area in the evenings and check them as potential
roosting sites.

Jason Frank