Several people have asked for a more specific location, unsurprisingly.

The observer declined to provide it when asked. And I should have included
that fact in my posting.

It is a tough call, whether to post hearsay or not, especially from a
casual observer. The potential for wide interest persuaded me to do so.
More eyes and ears in Longfellow might produce a Minneapolis record ...
although St Paul Highland residents will be looking as well, to confirm one
first!