Went to the Cancer Survivors Park to look for the Hoary Redpoll reported
earlier in the week.  Stayed as long as I could, which wasn't long due to
the -7 temp and no sun (around 8 am).  Nonetheless, found two flocks of
bird, both very approachable.  The first was mostly House Sparrows, but
with 3 White-Throateds mixed in (1 adult, 2 juv.).  The other flock was all
redpolls--about 25 or so.  I didn't know there were Commons here too, so
the task was not as simple as I'd hoped for, but I attempted to sort
through them to find an obvious Hoary.  I didn't see any that were
definitively Hoary to me, but there were 2 or 3 that were definitely
contenders.  I snapped as many pics as I could before my fingers completely
went numb, and I'll have to figure out if I got one later once I sort
through the photos.

Kyle Te Poel
Stillwater Township