Here are some better directions to the location I posted previously:

>From Hwy. 61 turn north onto Wacouta Rd./301st. St. Stay right and the road
will come to a T at Lakeview Ave.; take a right and follow the road all the
way east to where it turns downhill and curves to the left along 316th Ave
Way (Google Maps calls this area Greene Point). Today we received
permission to park in the driveway of the Pagoda-style house but to walk
back to the shore on the right side of the green house with fire number
27850. If people check out this area tomorrow it would be a good idea to
ask permission again.

Also note that this afternoon the bird was associating with one male and
two female Lesser Scaup among many Common Goldeneyes and Common Mergansers;
this morning the bird was seen in association with a Redhead and a
Canvasback (neither of which was seen this afternoon).

Bob Dunlap