I have never seen anything like this at any home I’ve lived in. This morning I
was approaching my bedroom and heard several taps on the window. There is a
thistle and a sunflower seed feeder close to the window, along with a bird
bath. I saw nearly a dozen redpolls. And at least another 2 dozen on the ground
below the thistle feeder. Amazing!  Except for when I visit the Sax Zim, this
is by far the most redpolls I’ve seen at once.

And now just as quickly as they came,  they are gone. All that remains at my
suburban Eagan feeders is the more typical single goldfinch and single
white-breasted nuthatch. Oh—and a chickadee. :)

Mike Koutnik

Sent from my iPhone