We're was the open water area? I guess we went to bring spot. Right off 52
right?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Jason Caddy<j.ca...@hotmail.com> wrote:
The spectacle on Lake Byllesby tonight was amazing! There were hundreds of
waterfowl of many species including a large variety of ducks in numbers and
vast quantities of coots and swans. There were also a lot of Horned Grebes and
over 100 Bonaparte's Gulls. Two Greater White-fronted Geese were there but at
the far western edge of the lake in the usual shorebird spot, away from most of
the other birds. We didn't even see the Cinnamon Teal but it was still well
worth the trip! There were also a ton of water birds at Fort Snelling Stated
Park where 494 crosses over but I did not have time to investigate.

On the bird walk I led this morning at Roberts Bird Sanctuary there was a nice
variety of migrants but notable were the very large numbers of Fox Sparrow and
Hermit Thrush.

Happy spring migration!

Jason Caddy

Minneapolis