It is year 4 of this project and I am writing once again to post an opportunity
to participate in a Citizens Science Project that involves recording migrating
Mourning Warbler songs.  I am interested in whether different song populations
of Mourning Warblers (Western, Eastern, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland) migrate
together or separately to their respective areas of the species’ breeding
range.   All you need is a smartphone with a voice recording app and some luck.
 The web page link below describes the project and how to make recordings on
your Smartphone in more detail.   There is also a link to the map with previous
year’s results based on recordings from many volunteers.

https://mowasongmapper.weebly.com/

Here is a link to the recent national Audubon Society story on this research.

Audubon Society reporting
http://www.audubon.org/magazine/spring-2017/this-guy-mapping-how-warblers-migrate-just

Please send song recordings to the Mourning Warbler Sound Lab
(jpitocchATanselm.edu).

I would really appreciate your help and contributions this year to this
Citizens Science Project.

Dr. Jay Pitocchelli
Biology Department
Saint Anselm College