But isn't it true that large numbers of over-wintering robins in the Twin
Cities is a relatively new phenomenon? I am now 67 and grew-up in St. Paul,
and it seems to me that very few robins overwintered when I was a boy.
There were likely many fewer Twin Cities Christmas counts in the 1950s and
60s, but my guess is that a review of those counts would show that
over-wintering robins were rare at that time.
Chuck Neil, Embarrass